Ü - ceramics was founded in 1909 by Johann Überlacker as a Tin Foundry at Ransbach - Baumbach. Later he also made terra - cotta and glazed ceramics. After the dead of Johann Überlacker in the mid 50's, the company was taken over by his three sons. Some famous designers were Heinz Hommerich and Leonhard Steiger. The company went bankrupt in 1990.